University Lecturer in the Department of Politics and International Studies
- (2012) Peacebuilding, Power and Politics in Africa (co-edited with G Dzinesa), Ohio University Press, 2012. (See link for D. Curtis "Introduction: The Contested Politics of Peacebuilding in Africa")
- (2013) ‘China and the Insecurity of Development in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC)’ International Peacekeeping, 20, 5.
- (2013) 'The Limits to Statebuilding for Peace in Africa' South African Journal of International Affairs, 20, 1, (April), pp. 79-97.
- (2013) 'The International Peacebuilding Paradox: Power Sharing and Post-conflict Governance in Burundi,' African Affairs, 112, 446, (January) pp. 72-91.
Recent Book chapters and reports
- (2013) 'Post-conflict peacebuilding', in Nic Cheeseman, David Anderson and Andrea Scheibler (eds), Routledge Handbook of African Politics, London: Routledge.
- (2013) ‘Burundi: Recent History’, in Africa: South of the Sahara 2014, Europa Publications, Routledge.
- (2013) 'The United Nations' (with Paul Taylor), in John Baylis, Steve Smith, Patricia Owens (eds), The Globalization of World Politics: An Introduction to International Relations, (Oxford University Press). Also previous editions in 2010, 2007 and 2004.
- (2010) ‘Complementary Approaches to Peacekeeping? The African Union and United Nations in Burundi’, in H Besada (ed), Crafting an African Security Architecture, Ashgate (with G Nibigirwe)
- (2009) Rebel Movements and Political Party Development in Post-Conflict Societies, Working Paper for the Program on States and Security, 2009 (with Jeroen de Zeeuw)